In this calligraphy course, we will focus on the Copperplate font ( samples ), which is written with a lady's quill.
The course lasts 4 hours (with a break) and we will start from the beginning. We will show you:
- what a female feather looks like and we will explore how it behaves
- how to have the right grip and posture
- what and how to practice so that the instruments (hand and pen) start listening to us
- basic strokes of the small alphabet
- how the letters of the lowercase alphabet are formed
Who is the course intended for?
The course is suitable for complete beginners. However, if you have been writing for some time and feel that it is still not the same, it will also be useful for you. By improving the basics, you can go much further in more advanced writing.
What to take with you?
I will provide all the stationery, you don't have to worry about that. However, if you have a favorite pen, ink, or anything else, feel free to bring it and show it off! I would love to learn something from you 😉
In addition to experiences and new knowledge, you will take away everything you need for home practice: a nozzle, a pen and a mini bottle of my favorite ink. You will also receive printed materials for home practice from me.
The number of participants is limited to eight. So I will be able to pay enough attention to everyone.